Here’s a list of the most influential columnists in the country. Now, my unfiltered reaction:
1) Krugman: He must have a head the size of Texas by now.
2) Friedman: Ha! Foiled by Krugman! I hate you, except when I don’t. I just hate your style. And more than sixty percent of your ideas.
3) Dowd: Damn you, Dowd!
4) Malkin: Really, America?
5) Hitchens: Sigh. At least drunks still have some influence in this country. Maybe it’s the accent.
6) Gladwell: He writes books, not columns. Oh, and he writes inane New Yorker articles about x, y, or z-strange phenomenon that’s not actually all that strange when you think about it for more than thirty seconds.
7) Krauthammer: His name sounds German. Which means he must be Hitler.
8) Mark Bittman: I have one of his cookbooks.
9) Huffington: Slayer of old media! I worship your tabloid-y website!
10) Greenwald: The motherfucking shit.
That’s all I have to say. As an interesting side note, Megan McCain, daughter of John and accomplisher of nothing (as far as I can tell), is number 19. Isn’t having a famous daddy great?
I’d give the hat tip to Krugman, but he doesn’t need any help.
Damn you, Krugman! I love you, Krugman!